.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY-TWO.

I honestly thought that I was really going to have to dig this week for something different - and believe me, I mean different in a wide variety of ways. From The Daily What, "Chandelier of the Day: “A Noiva” (The Bride), a five-meter high (16.5 feet, in English) chandelier by Portuguese artist Joana Vasconcelos made up of thousands of illuminated tampons, is currently on display at the at Belem Cultural Center in Lisbon as part of the artist’s “Netless” exhibition." The chandelier is of impressive scale, for sure, and originally, I was convinced that it was made up of a lot of wine corks - which might've lead to a joke about drinking and art, for sure. It's really something though and from the photo, you might have to blink several times before you convince yourself that layers of crystals are in fact layers of tampons. But it goes to show you that you can get creative with just about anything.

No comments: